Author: Dan at High Street Gent.
Accessories compliment an outfit to complete the look. They upgrade your style quotient to add something extra to your casual wear or formal attire. Though, when it comes to men’s fashion, the choices are not vast, there are a few pieces of accessories that every man must have. The kind of accessories you wear speaks volumes about your personality, and it even adds to your persona.
For some men, teaming up accessories with their clothes is easy, while others struggle. Many might think that stressing over accessories is a waste of their time. However, once you get an idea of what works for you and what does not, building up the right wardrobe is easy. If you are confused about which men’s accessories are important to get you that classic look, read on.
- Watches – Let’s check off the oldest chip off the block. Want to look timeless? Invest in a classic stainless steel or leather strap watch. Watches do much more than just telling you the time. Buying a good watch is a one-time investment and really amps up your style quotient. Watches come in different shapes, styles, and prices, and there is one for every person, every occasion. Watches are the perfect style statement and can liven up a boring outfit.
- Tie – The tie is that one accessory that pulls the entire suit together. There is something about a necktie that screams maturity and confidence. Be careful to buy good quality, sober ties that add and not distract from your attire. Buy a tie you can afford, in a shade that will go with almost all your suits and formal shirts.
- Wallets – The best wallet option for that classic look is the Italian leather wallet. Wallets are the perfect men’s accessories that are crafted to look good and give utility along with it. Some men go on to emboss their initials in it, hand down making it the most personalised and preserved accessory. Do not be scared to experiment with colour and ditch the black wallet for a brown or navy blue one.
- Belt – Holding your trousers and look up is the job of a classic leather belt. A good quality leather belt comes at affordable prices and will last you longer than investing in cheap canvas ones. Stick to darker shades like black, brown, blue or grey to match it with almost every suit. These colours will give you the attention you need without you having to ask for it.
- Cufflinks – They are a must for men who love to attend formal occasions. A well-made set of silver cufflinks suits every shade of shirt for every occasion.
- Messenger bag – A bag is a must-have for the man who is always on the go. Go for a nice leather bag, of a neutral tone that is not too big yet fits in all your stuff easily. Vintage bags are a must-have for that classic, old school vibe.
People build impressions based on what they wear and how well they carry themselves. Accessories make sure that an outfit is given that extra push without making one look like they tried too hard. Choose accessories that fit your personal style and suit your pocket equally well. Keep abreast with the latest trends and do not feel afraid to experiment.